Friday, June 7, 2013

kaleidoscope pillow

This last week I was able to finish my kaleidoscope pillow and get it sent off.  It already has made its way to its new home and was well received.  There is nothing better than getting a wonderful thank you and someone saying they've always wanted a pillow from me {blush, blush}!  Made my week and all the work well worth it!! 


I love this fun pattern!!  I'm now ready to make one for me since I love it so much!!  One of the best things about swaps is getting inspiration from others and creating something you normally may not have.    I love having to think outside the box and giving myself a bit of a challenge!


I used Lori Holts text print for the border and Leciens Old New 30's strawberries, cherries w/ polka dots for the binding.


The finished size is approx. 20 X 20.  I actually purposely make my pillows about a 1/2 to an inch smaller than the form as I like my pillows a little fuller. This one is about a 1/2 inch smaller than 20 inches.



I hope everyone is having a fabulous Friday and has a wonderful week-end!! 

Hugs,

28 comments:

  1. It's so pretty Kerri - love the design & the prints!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's scrumptious! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pillow your made is just beautiful Kerri!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pillow. I have a pillow thing going on at the moment, and in the last few weeks I have made quite a few, I am currently making myself a AMH feather pillow, I needed to practice the block for a bee.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful Kerri and I absolutely love all the fabrics you choose!! Happy weekend !! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, Love the fabrics!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kerri,
    Boy there is a lot of work gone into that
    cushion. It is fabulous.
    Cheers, Anita.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely cushion (I'm British!). I really like the way that sometimes you see stars, sometimes squares. It makes it more interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. There is so much to see in the lovely design and piecing! Just beautiful. I can just see one of these beautiful cushions in my house...

    ReplyDelete
  10. That cushion is just lovely. Lovely fabric and combination choices x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your pillow. You make things so girly and pretty. I think I will try and make one myself! thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my - this is sooooo pretty. I just love it! Maybe this summer I will try - but where to begin! I love your blog. It's not only colorful and fun - but very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Completely stunning. Could look at it all day ;) Best wishes, Carina

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's lovely Kerri - you're always stitching up such cute things :)!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really want this. I just don't want to make it. I 'm not good with pieces like that. But I'm gaga for it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a delightful combination of prints and colure, just gorgeous. Your quilting has highlighted the pillow's design too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your pillow turned out beautifully, Kerri! I love the mix of high- and low-volume prints! Thanks for linking to my tutorial too. I'm glad you found it helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi.........Just wanted to let you know that I'm having a giveaway hosted by Koralee of "Bluebird Notes" Blog for a gift certificate to my new Etsy Shop named: Daisy Pink Wish .....if you have time please check it out....would love to see you enter :)
    Daisy~

    ReplyDelete
  19. I just love that pillow. I keep coming back to look at it. It looks difficult but I do love it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Keri,

    If I can ask, do you do custom orders????? Your work is incredible!!!!!!

    Sandy
    sanjos333@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Heavenly post...can't get enough of pillows and those are gorgeous fabrics....good thing you have room to store them!
    online bed sale UK

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and visiting my blog!! Your sweet comments are always cherished, and truly make my days brighter! I ♥ reading each and every one!! Hugs!